Goa travel guide
Swaying palms, white sands and sparkling waters: the three essential elements that attract 2 million visitors annually to Goa’s balmy shores are plentiful in this tiny, glorious slice of India hugging the country’s western coastline and bounded by the Arabian Sea. But there’s more to discover here than the pleasure of warm sand between your toes. Goa is as beautiful and culturally rich as it is tiny and hassle-free, so you can marvel at centuries-old cathedrals or meander the capital’s charming alleyways, all in between lazy beach days (or weeks). Pour in a dash of Portuguese-influenced food and architecture, infuse with a colourful blend of religious traditions, pepper with parties, and you’ve got a heady mix that makes Goa easy to enjoy and extremely hard to leave. This travel guide contains:
- The must-see sights and experiences.
- Planning information and value-for-money ideas.
- Best local cuisine recommendations with fine-dining and vegetarian options.
- Expert recommendations that tell you about not-to-be-missed highlights in Goa.
- Reviews of accommodation, shopping, activities and eating across Goa.
- Full colour pages packed with inspirational images.
- Seven colour maps.
Buy the Goa travel guide