- Preview Grab your FREE sample Buy now
Dimensions: 197mm X 128mm x 14mm
This Edition: 1
Authors: Supriya Sahai
Based on research by: David Else, David Atkinson, Oliver Berry, Joe Bindloss, Fionn Davenport, Marc Di Duca, Belinda Dixon, Peter Dragicevich, Etain OʼCarroll, Andy Symington, Neil Wilson
Great Britain travel guide
Unlike many countries, Great Britain doesn’t fall into the category of mysterious and exotic. And that’s a good thing, especially for the tourist. You are bound to have an opinion of Britain before you’ve even been here, based on something you’ve seen, read or heard. This is the land of Shakespeare and Sherlock Holmes, and who could be unfamiliar with the quintessentially British spy James Bond or the evergreen tunes of The Beatles?
From the graceful architecture of Bath in the south to the soaring ramparts of Edinburgh Castle in the north, via the mountains of Wales or the Roman ruins of Hadrian’s Wall, Britain’s astounding variety is a major reason to travel here.
This guide includes:
- 23 colour maps
- The top 12 British experiences and sights for those who don’t want to miss out
- Detailed itineraries to discover the best of Great Britain in 2 weeks
- Comprehensive information on the beautiful countryside of the Lake District, Shakespeare’s birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, the historical gems of Stonehenge and Bath and the seaside in Cornwall
- Ideas for travelling with kids with theme park listings including Madame Tussauds, the London Dungeon and other great attractions for the entire family
- Detailed sections on Wales and Scotland
Buy the Great Britain travel guide