October and November in India are all about celebrations with major festivals being held across the country. Adding to the merry atmosphere is a perfect weather, when in a few parts of the country, the leaves turn golden and yellow to mark the start of autumn. Here are our five picks this season for a short holiday.
Uncover the hidden gems of India – Andamans. These archipelagos in the Bay of Bengal have a fair bit of history for you to discover.
5 things to do in Andamans
• Plunge into the sea with some scuba diving and snorkeling at Havelock Island. Also, indulge in some beach hopping to discover some unique shorelines.
• Hop over to erstwhile hub of East India Company – Ross Island. Explore the remnants of the old British homes as you stumble upon some Japanese bunkers.
• Go caving at the Baratang Island to see some unusual formations in the limestone caves.
• Try out some watersports at Neil Island
• Explore the headquarters of Andamans at Port Blair, with its landmark cellular jail and unique Marine museums.
With the Diwali fervor high in the air, any place in Gujarat is just perfect for a trip during these months.
5 things to do in Gujarat
• Head to the Rann of Kutch for its unusual landscape and the ancient city of Dholavira. You might also, be just in time for the famed festival – Rann Utsav.
• Book yourself for the Gir Safari to see the golden Asiatic lions.
• Step into the exquisitely carved step well – Rani no Vav at Patan. While you are at it, head to Modhera for its gorgeous sun temple.
• Discover some beach fun at the Mandvi beach – with a royal view point of the coastline from the Maharaja’s palace on the beach.
• Uncover the mystery of the Harappan civilisation at Lothal, a few kilometers from vibrant capital of Gujarat – Ahmedabad.
Magical Madhya Pradesh treats you to versatile travel experiences – from rich heritage destinations to exotic wildlife reserves and more.
5 things to do in Madhya Pradesh
• Visit the glass temple and the Lalbagh Palace at Indore, while you experience the fun city life of the place.
• Wander into the ghost town of Mandu with its forgotten palaces and royal buildings.
• Combine some history with wildlife at the Bandavgarh – with its ancient fort and the highest density of Tigers within its national park.
• Discover the architectural splendor of the ancient city of Orchha – with its royal palaces, cenotaphs and temples.
• Head to the pearl of fortresses – Gwalior and visit the tomb of the famous musician Tansen while here
If the mountains are calling out to you, then there is no better place this season than Uttarkhand.
5 things to do in Uttarakhand
• Enjoy a stay amidst the serene lakes of Nainital
• Pump up your adrenaline with some water rafting at Rishikesh
• Meet the inhabitants of the famed Jim Corbett National Park.
• Try your hand at some skiing at the resorts of Auli
• Rediscover the charm of the Chand Dynasty as you explore the forts and monuments of Almora.
Autumn months are the best to experience a slice of God’s own country. Kerala is a perfect place to unwind with family.
5 things to do in Kerala
• Discover the Venice of the East at Alleypey as you spend a night on the houseboat that glides along its backwaters.
• Experience the beaches of Varkala with its pristine waters and perfect sand. Remember to visit the natural spring at Papanasam – rumored for its medicinal properties.
• Sooth your senses at the Thekkady as you experience the mist covered hills, the exotic wildlife and the chirpy birds.
• Treat yourself to a Kerala massage along the beaches of Kovalam.
• Explore the city of Kochi – with its buzzing markets and a history that dates back to the arrival of Vasco da Gama. Remember to check out the ancient Chinese fishing nets that have come in from the courts of Kublai Khan.
With so much of choice and tons of options, we would not be surprised if you are in a dilemma on where to head to this autumn.