Hello Everyone, my name is Seshadri and I am the Director of Lonely Planet India.
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented situation for travel and travellers alike.
There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding this and thus providing guidance in the current context has to be meaningful.
Staying indoors and maintaining ‘social distancing’ is the best way to break the chain and prevent the spread of the virus.
All travellers should follow government advisory.
When you are in your homes or working remotely during this period, I would like to share some of my thoughts on how to celebrate your travel experiences and ideas for future travel.
This might bring about ideas to innovate as well as identify new opportunities to define
new ways of travel.
So, what can you do?
- Pull out your travel pictures from your archives and share with your family and friends
- There are enough technologies and platforms which will help you do this, including Lonely Planet
- Identify a destination that you would like to visit in the immediate future and discuss it with your family members
- Write emails to your contacts sharing some of your travel stories
- This will help them to read, enjoy and be engaged
- Share food ideas that you would have otherwise experienced in your favourite restaurant
- We can use hashtags #future travel & #stayathome
We need to accept the reality and changes right now to ensure we are healthy and safe.
The future is changing.
The way forward is for us to identify those bits and pieces of what “works” and to do more of those.