LOADED with flavour, this dish from China is a combination of spicy-sour flavours that is bound to tingle taste buds.
COMPILED BY: NIVEDITA MENEZES
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Madras curry powder (or garam masala powder)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tsp thin soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- Melt the butter in a small pan, then turn off the heat.
- Whisk in the curry powder (or garam masala powder, if using), cinnamon powder, ground ginger and garlic.
- Add the soy sauce and hot sauce, stirring well till combined. Place the marinade in an oven-friendly dish.
- Make small crosswise slits about ½ inch apart down the length of each chicken breast. Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and set aside for two to three hours.
- Preheat the oven to 163°C. Bake the chicken breasts for about one hour or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and boiled vegetables.