Rajasthan travel guide
Rajasthan, the Land of Kings, is aptly named. It is indeed a fabulous realm of maharajas and their majestic forts and lavish palaces. While its people-charged cities throb with the crowds and chaos of emerging India, the treasures of the past hold pride of place in mind and spirit. The romantic remnants of a rich and glorious past have earned Rajasthan a place on most travellers’ wish lists. Yet there is much more to this iconic region of the subcontinent. It is a land of desert dunes and jungle, camel trains and tigers, glittering jewels, vivid colours and a vibrant culture. There are enough festivals here to fill a calendar and an artist’s palette, and the shopping and cuisine are nothing short of spectacular. In short, Rajasthan just about has it all; it is the must-see state of India, brimming with varied, startling and incredible attractions.This travel guide also offers:
- The must-see sights and experiences.
- Planning information and value-for-money ideas.
- Best local cuisine recommendations with fine-dining and vegetarian options.
- Expert recommendations that tell you about not-to-be-missed highlights in Rajasthan.
- Reviews of accommodation, shopping, activities and eating across the state.
- Full colour pages packed with inspirational images.
- Twelve colour maps.
Buy the Rajasthan travel guide